The Tennis Club, which was founded in 1911, is the largest sporting club on campus with a record membership of 695 members. In fact, the club is one of four founding clubs from when the University was created.
We are located on Blair Drive, St. Lucia within the University grounds. There are a total of 21 courts (14 Synpave, 5 Synpave Rebound Classic, 2 Synthetic grass). The five Rebound Classic courts are of international standard and feature a stadium-style centre court. All twenty one courts are floodlit for night play.
In 2001, the Club fielded 169 fixture teams in the first semester and 157 teams in the second semester. Because of the sheer numbers involved, most of the administration time is taken up with organising these teams.
However there is more to the Club than just fixtures. There are also be a number of tournaments and social events organised throughout the year. Check this web site or look at the notice boards under the Clubhouse for information about these events and Fixture updates.